11/24/10

Is That A Scotty Dog In The Stable?

This just recently sold in the Dime Store Thrift Etsy Shop:






Other than the fact there is a wise man on an elephant, the thing that struck me the most was this dog:


Maybe its a sheep dog? But it looks like a Scotty!


Either way, my friend Sue was thrilled to pieces to nab this treasure to add to her collection.

Don't forget, a winner will be drawn tomorrow on Thanksgiving for The Find by Stan Williams. Be sure to enter by clicking the link on the sidebar!

4 comments:

AuntLou said...

Looks like the "mixed breed" dogs still seen in the Holy Land. Didn't notice purebreds, there. Too big for a Scotty. Cute question, though!

Sue said...

Thanks for posting more pictures so I can drool over it while waiting for the real thing to arrive!! It is a little big for a Scotty, but that was my reaction, too. I'm still amazed over that elephant as well!

Dawn said...

Ha! It's a poodle, it must be! I've got a small collection of tacky nativities and so far it seems each one has a poodle in the scene somewhere. I actually wrote a post about it last week - http://craftythrifter.wordpress.com/2010/11/19/thrifted-theology-1/

I'm getting suspicious...

Ninny said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Sonya! I'm thankful for you, because you have inspired me to make two wreaths and a tinsel tree!

Liz